Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday

After two snow days the kids are back in school and I am once again left with a quiet house. The walk to the end of our driveway to catch the bus was...slippery. There is at least an inch of ice on the ground, and that is covered with a couple inches of  snow. I figure that between the walk to the end of the drive, and then out back to the chicken coop to feed the chickens took care of my leg workout for the day. My quads were burning by the time I was done.

Yesterday morning when I took the dog out, I noticed two large and very fat raccoons checking out the chickens. They ran off when I yelled at them to shoo.  This morning when I went out to the coop I was greeted by the sight of blood. Everywhere. After making sure everyone was still alive, I started looking at feet thinking perhaps the raccoon had gotten another toe. Indeed, that is what happened, Dread Rooster Fairy now has one less toe.
I do not have much love for raccoons.

Thursdays household schedule:
~The ever present laundry needs to be done
~Vacuum upstairs and downstairs
~cat boxes
~writing
~homework

When the kids get home from school we dash off to Tae Kwon Do, and then to the library for our biweekly trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...