Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday

After a wonderful weekend, the children are back to school and the husband is back to work. I am left alone in our very quiet house and I cannot say that I don't enjoy it.  In order to keep up with the house, school and other commitments I have a daily schedule of things to accomplish.

On Mondays the schedule looks like this:
~Clean bathrooms
~Wash clothes, fold...and do the dreaded putting away of the clothes
~Bake bread for the week
~From scratch quick breads/muffins for the next few days for breakfasts and snacks
~Make chicken stock from the whole chicken I bought. Use some meat for soup, and the rest for various dinners.
~ Clean the cat boxes
~Vacuum the downstairs
~ Homework- today that means to get started on an essay for the Writing About the American Experience course I am taking.
~Writing (I am supposed to write a minimum of 1,000 words a day for a book I am working on. If I do my husband gives me a back massage. Best motivation ever)

I think that is about it for today. There is the reading of several books that I am working through as well.  A couple of weeks ago I found a list of books, from several different categories that I wanted to read through for self education.
The batch of books currently:
Histories by Herodotus
MacBeth
Le Morte de Arthur by Mallory (which is a fun read since when I am reading it a Monty Python voice in my head narrates)
On the Nature of Things by Lucretius

I would like to say that I have been chugging through them, but I was sidetracked by a book called Jantsen's Gift which I have been reading through tears on nearly every page.  Heart and gut wrenching, but so wonderful and inspiring at the same time.  It is one of those books that is forcing me to try to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...